Here we are, on the home stretch into our very exciting 2013 summer season. What a busy and wonderful year it’s been! We can’t thank you, our supporters, enough for your help in the success we’ve enjoyed so far and continue to follow. Every step we take is bringing us to even more interesting places than we’ve been before – artistically, emotionally, and physically too! We absolutely could not do it without you.
We are so excited to get started on the summer – many great things are coming up in the next couple months, and fun adventures are just waiting to be had. The short list:
- Impromptu on WFMT Chicago – Live broadcast on Thursday, June 6 at 3:00 P.M. CDT. We will be talking about our upcoming participation at the Great Lakes Chamber Music Festival‘s Shouse Institute, as well as performing some works by Dvorak and Schumann. Listen live HERE!
- Great Lakes Chamber Music Festival – We are honored to be selected as participants in this year’s Shouse Chamber Music Institute in the Detroit area from June 10-23. As this year is the Festival’s 20th season, we are especially excited to be a part of the very special celebrations and programming that are planned. We will be performing frequently throughout the course of the Festival, and will be doing a workshop with noted composer Joan Tower. The Festival has also requested that we perform our commission from Sahba Aminikia, Deltangi-ha, premiered in September 2012. Click here for a concert schedule!
- Old First Concerts – Our final concert in our residency this season at Old First will be on June 28 at 8:00 P.M with a pre-concert talk at 7:30. Program to include works by Arensky, Tower, and Beethoven. Old First Concerts is at 1751 Sacramento St. (at Van Ness), San Francisco. For more information or tickets, click here.
- Crowden Chamber Music Workshops – We are delighted once again to be on faculty at the summer chamber music workshops at the Crowden School in Berkeley. Jeff and Liana will be teaching from July 8-19 at the Youth Workshop, including a performance with other faculty members on July 12, closely followed by the entire trio uniting to teach at the Adult Workshop from July 20-24. We have written in previous posts about what a special place Crowden is to both the Bay Area community and the global music community, and we are honored to be a part of their programs.
- Bear Valley Music Festival – We’re thrilled to be featured as Artists in Residence at this year’s Bear Valley Music Festival from July 25-August 11 in Bear Valley, CA. We are going to be kept very busy, including a variety of collaborations, a recital, and a performance of Beethoven’s Triple Concerto with the Festival Orchestra and music director Michael Morgan. We’re starting our training for the oxygen deprivation now – Bear Valley is at an altitude of 7,100 feet!
All in all, a very exciting and packed few months ahead. We hope that you can join us for some of these events, either in person, or listening online where possible!